What Is A Cone Crusher
A Cone Crusher is a compression type of machine that reduces material by squeezing or compressing the feed material between a moving piece of steel and a stationary piece of steel. It is normally used in secondary, tertiary, and quaternary crushing stages with aggregate, coal, concrete, crushing, fracking sand, and mining industries, which reduces material by squeezing or compressing it until it breaks.
Cone crushers are very suitable for size reduction and shaping in the downstream of a crushing circuit. They reduce the material in a crushing cavity by continuous compression between a fixed element (bowl liner) and a moving element (mantle).Cone crushers are equipped with a hydraulic setting adjustment system, which allows adjusting the crusher settings to fully match the material, feed size, and capacity requirements.
How Does A Cone Crusher Work
Rock is fed into a large opening at the top of the cone crusher where it is squeezed between the mantle and the cone. As the size of the rock decreases, pieces fall into lower levels of the crusher where they continue to be worn and broken down further. Once small enough, the fragments of rock exit through a narrow opening at the base of the machine. Cone crushers manipulate rock between a fixed cone and the movable cone (the central shaft). The width of the exit opening is adjustable through ascending and descending the fixed cone which allows the rock to be crushed to a variety of sizes. This method is more advanced than the one used in jaw crushers.
Cone Crusher Spare Parts And Wear Parts
High-quality cone crusher parts are a perfect fit Original equipment replacement cone crusher parts ensure proper fit, form and function to reduce maintenance issues and increase longevity.
If your equipment fails, productivity of your entire plant is at risk. To avoid such losses, critical replacement parts are readily available when you need them.
- Main frame (lower/upper)
- Main frame sealing
- Main frame pins and bushings
- Lubrication system
- Hydraulic system
- Feed cone
- Main frame liners
- Mantle liners
- Bowl liners
- Protection cones
- Arm guards
Cone Crusher Operation And Maintenance
Overall, industry acceptance of the cone crusherprinciple and performance, the SBM Cone Crusher works to deliver lower recirculating loads at higher tonnage rates with lower maintenance costs by combining:
- A long parallel zone for uniform, accurate sizing of product
- An ideal gyrating cycle that delivers quick hammer-like blows on free falling material
- Contact between the gyrating head and falling material that rearranges particles before each impact
- Adjustment of the upper crushing member by rotation, giving even liner wear and maintaining setting accuracy around the entire crushing chamber
- High impacts to reduce the hardest materials more effectively
- Large head displacement, allowing a greater volume of material flow at every cycle
- More energy concentrated on crushing with minimal surface friction, resulting in low kw/ton consumption